CALL FOR PAPERS
The Asian Media Information and Communication Centre (AMIC) invites submission of abstracts for parallel sessions during the 27th AMIC Annual Conference 2019. It will be held on 17 -19
Proposals must be submitted via the AMIC’s Abstract Submissions System or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The theme of the conference is Communication, Technology and New Humanism (please refer to
Initial Conference Session Topics
The following are the initial topics for parallel presentations:
- Reframing Communication: Asian Philosophies, Beliefs & Culture
- Mindful Journalism (Communication)
- Communicating in a VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, and Ambiguous) World
- Communication, Human Rights, and Democracy: Disruptions and Disturbances
- Internet Universality Principles: Rights-based, Open, Accessible and Multi-stakeholder
- Communication Research Agenda: Communication, Technology, and New Humanism
- A Guide for the Perplexed: Understanding Interdisciplinary, Multidisciplinary, and Transdisciplinary Studies
- Understanding Posthumanism (Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Dataism, etc.)
- Big and Small Data: Rewiring the Communication (Thinking) Process
- Communication in a Post-truth Era (Disinformation, Misinformation, and Fake News)
- Computer-Mediated Communication, Public Opinion & Public (Dis)Order (Netizens, Trolls, and Bots)
- Social Media and Social Good
- Cyber wellness: Balanced Offline and Online Lives
- Community Communication & Alternative Media: Rediscovering (Small) Voices
- Populism and Communication Media: Reinforcing or Contrasting?
- Building an EnGendered Communication Media
- Crossing Barriers: Communication and PWDs
- Narratives on Migration – Identities, Inclusions
- Risk, Disaster and Humanitarian Communication
- Science & Health Communication towards Quality Life
- Social and Behavior Change Communication for Sustainable (Human) Development
- The Future of Communication
SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
All abstract submissions must be made via AMIC’s Abstract Submissions System or email to email@example.com. Abstracts and papers sent to personal e-mail addresses of conference organizers and AMIC Officers will not be entertained.
FREE PUBLICATION SERVICES
All accepted abstracts will be included in the AMIC 2018 Abstract Book with ISBN. All full papers will be included in the AMIC 2018 Conference Proceedings with ISSN and given a separate DOI Number.
PUBLICATION IN AMIC CO-OWNED JOURNALS PUBLISHED BY ROUTLEDGE (TAYLOR & FRANCIS)
Papers presented during the conference will be considered for publication in either the Asian Journal of Communication (AJC) or Media Asia. However, they have to go through the review and approval process adopted by Taylor and Francis which publishes these journals.
PUBLICATION IN COMMUNICATION AND MEDIA IN ASIA PACIFIC (CMAP), AN E-JOURNAL PUBLISHED BY THE FACULTY OF COMMUNICATION ARTS, CHULALONGKORN UNIVERSITY
Papers presented during the conference can also be submitted for possible publication in the e-journal, Communication
Papers will be selected on a competitive basis and all submissions will undergo blind peer review by a randomly assigned expert reviewer. Abstracts must be submitted from 1 September 2018 to 20 February 2019.
Decisions on acceptance of abstracts will be communicated to applicants by AMIC Secretariat no later than 3 April 2019.
For those whose abstracts are accepted, full conference papers are to be submitted by 10 June 2019. Only those who have submitted full papers are eligible to present. Early submission is strongly encouraged.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSIONS
Format of abstracts
- Should be written in English
- Must have the following parts
- Title of Paper
- Keywords (at least five)
- Should be at most 500 words in length
If your abstract is approved for presentation, you will be required to submit the full paper prior to the conference. The full paper should adhere to the following requirements:
- should be written in English
- be of 5,000-8,000 words in length
citationin APA style
- should be Microsoft Word or RTF document
Fontshould be Times New Roman, 12 pts
Criteria For Review
Criteria to be used to evaluate abstracts include the following:
Relevanceof the topic to the conference theme
- Well-defined topics /issue(s) to be examined and discussed
- Originality and innovativeness of topic
- Adherence to solid research design and methodology (for research-based papers)
- Limitations identified (for research-based papers)
- Good language and writing quality and logical organization of
- Potential contributions to the advancement of communication theory, research and practice
Criteria to be used to evaluate full papers include the following:
- Extensive and appropriate literature review
- Good writing quality, e.g., style is clear and engaging
- Logical organization of
- In-depth and evidence-based analysis and conclusions
- Concrete recommendations for research, policy, and action projects
Abstracts due: 20 February 2019
Notification of acceptance 1 April 2019
Last day to register at discounted early-bird fee 30 May 2019
Deadline to confirm your participation 1 June 2019
Full papers due: 10 June 2019
Note to all authors
By submitting your paper, you agree that if your paper is selected, you will register for the conference and present the paper. All co-authors attending and/or presenting at the conference are also required to register.
Only those who have submitted full papers are eligible to present at the conference.
Only abstracts and full papers presented